We believe learning is for life: a dynamic journey of discovery, bringing rich rewards and a sense of success and fulfilment, ensuring children can make the most of every opportunity that life has to offer.
Below you will find our Curriculum Intention for the children of Hightown Primary School. You can see what each year group specifically covers in the year group tabs on the right of the page.
The curriculum is the totality of experiences which are planned for the children as they progress through all of our schools.
The curriculum will have at its heart the learning behaviours that will support all children to be successful learners for life.
We will ensure that the curriculum is literacy rich, raises aspirations, drives ambition, and maximises high rates of progress in all areas.
Our curriculum will be broad, balanced, meaningful and relevant and build upon children’s prior knowledge.
It will be equitable, providing children with essential knowledge, skills and experiences to reduce the effect of disadvantage.
It will support all children to develop healthy attitudes to their and support them in their development as respectful members of the local community physical and mental health and society at large.
New Technologies will be used creatively to engage and support children in their learning.
All schools within our Trust will provide a curriculum, which inspires, challenges and safeguards all our children, and enables them to become:
- Active participants, constructing their own knowledge and holding the key to being the architects of their own learning;
- Motivated to enjoy new learning, experiencing personal satisfaction, success and high quality outcomes;
- Curious, constantly seeking answers through thinking critically and creatively;
- Confident and work with a diverse range of people; to use their emotions productively, as they encounter new experiences
- Eager to engage with others, learning from each other and building on each other’s strengths;
- Resilient, determined and able to persevere in the face of obstacles;
- Risk takers, who can work with uncertainties, looking for new possibilities;
- Reflective: confident with who they are and inspired by the world around them;
- Responsible for explaining their learning by being classroom ambassadors
Curriculum Newsletters by Year Group
There are no documents to display at present.