At Hightown Primary School we understand how important it is to be able to offer a high quality remote education to our children who are not attending school due to a period of self-isolation or in the event of a national lockdown.
Children will use online learning platforms which are familiar to them and that they know how to navigate. Our teachers design learning to replicate the in-school experience as best as possible and for children to be independent where they can be, depending on the age and stage of the child.
Here you will find our Remote Education Offer:
Structure of the School Day
• Routines and structures are important so we have given some examples of what an effective learning week might look like, which we would advise you follow as much as possible.
• We would also advise giving your child short breaks between some lessons, as well as an hour break for lunch.
• Teachers will upload pre-recorded lessons onto Seesaw, a platform which will also enable children to upload completed work. Teachers can then assess learning and may provide verbal or written comments following the lesson.
What the Home Learning experience will look like:
Your child will be provided with a blank exercise book which has all of their logins for each platform. This blank exercise book is for the children to complete their learning tasks.
Photographs of their learning can be uploaded onto Seesaw to share with their teacher.
• All children will access teaching and learning through SeeSaw which is the online learning platform we will be using use at school.
• The school day will start with a welcome from your teacher followed by a 5 minute physical activity to energise your child and get their brain and body moving.
• All children will then need to complete their reading task. For some children this will be phonics or a reading lesson which will be pre-recorded by their class teacher.
• The next lesson will be English which may include writing and spelling.
• Every child will then be able to access their mathematics lesson through Seesaw.
• During the afternoon we would encourage children to practice and apply their learning through one our additional on-line learning platforms such as: Purple Mash, Times Tables Rockstars, Bug Club, Sumdog, Read Theory or Espresso.
• The day will end with a story read by your teacher and we recommend you spend a minimum of 20 minutes reading or sharing a book.
• For all lessons we would encourage children to take a photo of their learning and upload it to Seesaw.
For more information please refer to the home learning document
Main Platforms Used
All of our children have access to several websites and applications which can support them with their education. The majority of our remote education is provided through Seesaw for the whole school. Please click the logos below to take you to the login pages for each app.
Online Learning Platforms - click on logo's to go to their page